Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Seriously? What is this world coming to?? LOL!

Ok, so I know that it's WordArt Wednesday and you all just came here for Bethany's Kick-Butt WordArt, but I had to share a funny store... it's been tooooo long right?

So Ethan, my 8 year old, will be turning 9 soon (mid-January) and so we've been talking about what we can do for his party this year... we try to do birthday's kind of "big" but our options were pretty limited in Hawaii as to where we could go... so his friends have brought up things like Laser Tag and Rock Climbing (both PERFECT for Ethan) but yesterday he came to me and told me that he had his party all planned... Here was our conversation:

Ethan: "Hey Mom! I've got it all figured out!"

Me: "Oh yeah? What have you got all figured out buddy?"

Ethan: "My party!!"

Me: "Yay! What's the plan?"

Ethan: "Well... first the limo will pick me and the guys up at school"

Me: STUNNED SILENCE.......

Ethan: "Then we'll come home, play Guitar Hero, watch movies, eat pizza, play foosball and open presents - Oh! And then for the after party...."

Me: Shocked out of my stunned silence by the words AFTER PARTY coming out of my 8 year old's mouth bursts out in laughter and have a long talk about the possiblility that he may have been sitting with his sisters for too long watching MTV... Seriously? An AFTER PARTY??? LOL!
What happened to to days of pinatas and pin the tail on the donkey????

Sigh....

Ok...now what you really came here for! :) Bethany's WordArt Freebie for the week! Click to download!

2 comments:

Macshelly said...

Love the story about your son! I have 3 boys, all teenagers now, so I know what you're talking about. It's very hard to plan a party when they're in that in-between young boy not a teenager yet stage.
Sounds like he's growing up!
Good luck with the party!

Machelle in California

Simply Sarah said...

What a funny story - is this a preview of what I have to look forward to? Yikes.


So, you didnt' say... is that what the party is gonna be? Limo ride, games and pizza with the guys...